We need to maintain our body hydrated during the day. It is because a hydrated body is a must to have a god health. While water still is the main option to quench our thirst, there are actually lots of healthy drinks that keep you hydrated and easy to make. These are some of the examples on how to make healthy drinks.
- Lemon water
Consuming lemon water, a big glass or jar, in the morning is a good way to keep your body healthy. This liquid would hydrate your body after long night sleep. It would also support the work of liver and stimulate bile production, the same way it does to digestion. A Human Nutrition, Dr. Alexander stated that lemon juice outdoes other food in making the liver produce enzymes.
Making the lemon water:
In making the lemon water, the first thing you need to have is a lemon. Squeeze half of the lemon into a large glass of water. The water temperature should be at room temperature. Using hot water for making lemon water must be avoided since hot water would trigger erosion in long run.
- Homemade ginger ale
A ginger ale that has been fermented naturally contains minerals in ionized form along with good bacteria. You would benefit anti-inflammatory properties from it.
Making the ginger ale:
You need to provide:
– 1 cup of ginger
– ½ cup fresh lemon juice
– ½ cup refine cane sugar
– 2 teaspoons sea salt
– ½ whey (optional)
– 3 quarts filtered water
- Grate the ginger
- Place the grated ginger and other ingredients in a glass or stainless steel jar
- Stir all of the ingredients till they’re mixed well
- Close and cover the jar tightly with cling film
Leave the mixture at room temperature for about 2-3 days. The good bacteria would consume most of the sugar for their growth that makes ginger ale low in sugar. If you think the ginger ale has already been low in sugar, transfer it to glass bottles and store in a refrigerator. Consume the ginger ale within a week.
- Beet kvass
Another fermented drink that can maintain our health is Beet kvass. Beets are a long time known for its B-vitamins and folate, not to mention minerals like manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus. Beets is also rich in betaine that helps maintain the condition of liver, heart, and kidney.
Fermentation process in making beet kvass will increase the nutrition of beets since fermentation process increases the nutritional value of foods.
Making the beet kvass:
– 3 medium organic beets
– 1 tablespoon unrefined sea salt
– Filtered water
– ¼ cup whey (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients above in a 2-quart glass jar
- Still, until they’re mixed well
- Close the jar tightly
Leave the mixture/liquid in a room temperature for about 2-3 days. After 3 days, you should place the jar in the refrigerator. This time is the perfect time to consume your drink. This beet would last up to a couple of week in the refrigerator.
Place the following ingredients in a 2-quart glass jar: 3 medium organic beets, peeled and chopped coarsely; 1 tablespoon unrefined sea salt; filtered water and ¼ cup whey (optional). Water should almost fill the jar. Stir well and close the jar tightly.
Besides the recipes above, there are some practical tips on how to make healthy drinks at home. Also. you can try this recipe to make healthy drinks for kids. Here is the list.
Things you need to know in making healthy drinks at home:
- Some of the easiest healthy drinks are juice. Hence, you need to have a juice machine to keep regularly making juice. Just get an inexpensive one.
- Fruit or vegetable juices must be made by raw fruits or vegetables. To get the maximum benefits, you must only use the raw fruits or vegetables, not the frozen ones.
- Except for papaya and apple, small seeded fruits – like watermelon and pears – may be juiced with their seeds.
- Peel inorganic fruits and vegetables because most of the chemical residue left on the skin.
- Choose fresh ripe fruits and vegetables. Over or under-ripe fruits or vegetables would make neither nasty nor healthful juices.
- Always cut the fruit and vegetables into pieces before placing them into a juice machine. It would help you to get the well-mixed juice.
- Always clean the pulp out right away. It would give out sour odor otherwise and trigger some fruit flies in the next 8-10 hours.
- It is recommended to consume freshly made juice once a day. The juice can be fruit or vegetable, or even combination of fruit and vegetables. Don’t forget to have the raw fruits and vegetables for your juice, since they give maximum benefits.
You can combine the recipes and add the practical tips above. You can also create your own ways on how to make healthy drinks. As you try the recipes and apply the tips, you would find out that making healthy drinks are actually an easy thing to do. Good luck.