Healthy salads with chicken are something amazing. Salads are always closely connected with vegetables. The vivid color from various kinds of vegetables is always appetizing. But when you dig in for the very first time, you might feel like blah. Do all salads taste bland? If you are not a strict vegetarian, you can take a crack at healthy salads with chicken that are as nutritious as vegetable salads.
The benefits of healthy salads with chicken
Although you toss your salads with chicken, you will not lose the high-nutrition of salads as long as you use the right ingredients.
Skinless chicken breast is the best part of chicken. Various kinds of health benefits are packed in skinless chicken breast. It is one of the source of lean protein. Protein is responsible for superb metabolism and satiety booster.
People who are on diet are likely to increase their protein intake and cut down on calorie intake. Skinless chicken breast is the best solution of tasty weight loss diets. It low in calorie and high in protein. Now, you can farewell the bland diets that taste miserable.
However, the techniques of cooking should be taken into consideration. Only grilled and steamed skinless chicken breast that will help you shed some pounds. If you deep fry the chicken, you will not lose weight. You will add more calories, instead. Toss grilled chicken and vegetable salad, you will get abundant of nutrients you need.
Multigrain Toast Mushrooms Chicken Salad
Are you going on diet? You will need to make this delicious salad for your lunch. Lean protein with low calorie is packed in it. Furthermore, it keeps your ravenous appetite at bay.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 small lettuce, sliced
- 4 cup mushrooms, rinsed, drained, sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup corn
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices multigrain toast, cut them into squares
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat a BBQ for 5 minutes.
- Spray a little cooking spray on a sheet of baking paper. Place chicken breast on the paper.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Cover it with another sheet of baking paper and flatten it with rolling pin.
- Place chicken on BBQ and cook until cooked through.
- Take it off, put on a plate. Cover with foil to rest.
- Meanwhile cut the lettuce and add the cucumber, tomatoes, mushrooms, and corn on the lettuce.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil , sweet chilli sauce, and lemon juice.
- Slice the chicken and place on salad ingredients.
- Drizzle with the dressing.
Healthy Avocado Chicken Salad
The creamy of avocado is combined with the delicious chicken. Can you imagine how tasty it is?
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 avocado. Scoop out.
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup plain Greek Yogurt
- Mix all the ingredients well. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes so that the flavors are blended.
- Serve on your favorite bread, crackers, or pita pocket.
Almond Chicken Salad
The crunchy of almond is combined with skinless chicken breast. You should give it a try because both almond and chicken breast are good at helping you lose weight.
- 200 grams cooked chicken breast. Chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground dry mustard
- Mix together the onions, peas, carrot, chicken, red pepper, cilantro and almonds. Set aside.
- Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, and dry mustard until smooth.
- Pour over salad mixture and toss until coated well.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
Let yourself enjoy the unique taste of Asian chicken salad. This salad will make you have a crush on it even from the first bite.
- 1 grilled chicken breast
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1 teaspoon almond
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup blanched asparagus
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon chilly oil
The Chilli Oil:
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, whisk all the dressing’s ingredients until smooth.
- Cut the chicken in long strips.
- Toss the mixed greens with sesame seeds, almonds, and half of the chicken.
- Top it with the remaining chicken and asparagus.
- Drizzle with the dressing before serving.
Those are some healthy salads with chicken. This is the best healthy salads that you should try. They can help you shed some pounds because they are high in protein and vitamins and low in calories. Happy cooking!