Easy Healthy Salads – Salads are always considered to be healthy diets as they contain many nutrients needed by our body. Ironically, they are also considered to be bland foods. Some salads are tasty. But, it takes time to make an appetizing salad. Well, making a super tasty salad doesn’t have to be arduous because being healthy is simple. Check these recipes of easy healthy salads that will make you feel like a pro.
Chicken and Raspberry Salad
Skinless chicken breast is the source of lean protein. It improves your metabolism and hold your hunger pangs at bay. Combining with the sweet and sour of raspberry, this salad will be uniquely tasty.
- 500 grams skinless and boneless chicken breast. Halves
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 part raspberries
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure honey
- ¼ cup sliced toasted almonds
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1½ teaspoon olive oil
- 6 ounces mixed greens
- Prepare an outdoor grill.
- In a bowl, whisk sour cream, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, and salt and pepper.
- Add poppy seeds. Mix them well.
- Cover the mixture, then refrigerate it up to 1 day.
- Using a meat tenderizer, pound chicken evenly to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Rub the chicken with 1 teaspoon oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rub cut sides of avocado with the remaining oil. Place chicken and avocado on grill.
- Cook chicken thoroughly until it is no longer pink. Turn once.
- Grill the avocado until the grill marks appear. Turn once.
- Let both rest for 5 minutes. Remove avocado peel. Then, slice both the avocado and chicken.
- In another bowl, toss raspberries with 1 tablespoon dressing (the mixture of lemon juice).
- In a large bowl, toss mixed greens with the remaining dressing. Divide into some plates.
- Top with chicken, raspberries, avocado, and almonds.
Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocados
Shrimp is versatile seafood. It never fails to make any foods become more delicious. Now, why don’t we try it in our salad? Combining with avocado and Greek Yogurt that is well-known for high-protein and low-calorie, this salad is perfect for your dinner.
- 200 grams raw, de-veined fresh or frozen shrimp
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon. Take the juice
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and black pepper
- Scoop out the avocados. Dice the avocados. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook it for about 5 or 7 minutes or until it is fully cooked through. Let it cool. Once it is cool enough, chop it into smaller pieces.
- Toss diced avocado with tomatoes, shrimp, corn, lemon juice, and Greek yogurt. Season with a bit salt and pepper.
- Divide the salad among 4 avocado halves. Place the basil as a garnish.
Chickpea and Lentil Salad
A perfect combination of high-protein peas for vegans who don’t eat meat. Pleasant scent and taste that will make you crave some more.
- 425 grams chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 425 grams lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 finely chopped green onion
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2/3 cup feta cheese or crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint. Chopped
- 1 lemon. Take the zest
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- You Should combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Toss them well.
- You can serve immediately or chilled for less than an hour.
Hint: If you are going to eat the salad a couple hours later, mix all the ingredients except the lemon juice, zest, salt, and pepper. Store them in the fridge. Toss the salt, pepper, lemon juice, and zest right before to serve.
Green Leaf, Chorizi, and Apple Salad
The crisp and sweetness of the apple and the vivid color of leafy greens never fail to say “come and get me”. And you will find yourself addicted to this salad.
- 1/2 small apple, sliced
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 ounces Spanish chorizo. Cut it up
- 2 oz manchego, sliced
- 6 cups of torn lettuce leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and black pepper
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the chorizo. Cook it for about 3 or 4 minutes or until crisp.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining oil with the lemon juice, salt, garlic, and black pepper.
- Add the apple, chorizo, manchego, and lettuce and toss to coat.
Those are some easy healthy salads recipes that are just a snap. They are convenient, simple, easy, tasty, and healthy. They are so easy to make that you can make those best healthy salads by yourself like a professional cook. You should give them a try and invite your besties to enjoy healthy salads together with you.