Vegetable Salad Calories – Eating Salad might be one of the healthiest activities you can add in your daily life. Regularly, consuming vegetable salad calories in low, would make you healthy, and keep your body fit. For you who want to lose weight or on a diet, adding Salad to your regular menu would be the perfect thing to do. According to how you treated you salad dish, it can be your friend or enemy. If you are eating salad for your diet, topping it with creamy vinaigrette and mixing it with high-calorie ingredients, make your diet useless.
You have to be smart in creating a mix of salad dishes to make it healthy and friendly to your diet. The key is to keep the calories low, so the salad would be your best buddy. Before we go further talking about making a healthy salad, you need to know about calorie itself. At least you have to know what calories do to your body.
Calories are very important to your body. Without calories, you will not be strong enough to do your activities daily because inside the calories, there are a bunch of energy. Calories work with carbohydrates, fat, and protein in human body main the health and life. Every food you eat has a different amount of calories inside. The calories you consume within food will be burned the body to get it balanced and healthy.
The metabolism inside your body will spread the calories and also turn them into proteins when the body needs it. After that, the calories would be turned into cells and energy inside the bloodstream. The existence of calories is crucial to a human body, but it doesn’t mean that you have to consume a lot of calories every day. It would be wrong.
Consuming a big amount of calories that your body doesn’t need would lead to poor health and weight problems. You have to find out how many calories you need per day; it is according to the person condition. There are some ways of knowing about calories needed per person. One of them is by counting the weight and height of the person. So, to stay healthy and be kept away from weight problems, you have to control the calorie intake you have every day.
Let’s back to the vegetable salad, If you are on a diet and a non-vegetarian, having a low-calorie vegetable salad is for you. However, if you are a vegan, it’s recommended to get the vegetable salad to be in high-calorie.
Here is some low-calorie vegetable you should consider to be put on your vegetable salad dish:
– Lettuce: There’s only a little amount of calories in all variants of lettuce. Romaine lettuce has the lowest caloric content among all variants.
– Spinach: Well, this Popeye vegetable will give flavor to your salad. The nutritional value would also be increased with it. You can have only 40 calories in one cup of spinach.
– Tomatoes: Apart from the fact that people argue about whether it is a fruit or vegetable, a medium size of tomatoes would give you 25 calories.
– Mushrooms: When you cook the mushrooms in cooking spray with zero calories, it would be only 40 calories from one cup of them. A grilled portabella mushrooms can be an alternative for the bun of your burger to make it more healthy and nutritious.
– Radish: If you do not like your diet to be gassy, do not choose this in your vegetable salad dish. As we know all raw and steamed vegetable can be gassy too, but radishes has higher chance to be gassy. In a cup of radishes, you will only get 20 calories.
– Celery: This is one of the low-calorie vegetables that can be added to your soup and casseroles. You can combine stuffed celery with cheese in a form of whipped cream; it would contain lower calories than the cheese in form of solid cream.
Most vegetables are low in calories; only a few of them would give high-calorie and should be avoided by you who are on a diet. Here are two of them:
– Potato: This is one of the most popular vegetables on earth because people always serve this vegetable as a side dish. In a medium size of the potato, you will get 110 calories. That is so huge comparing to the low-Cal list above. However, potatoes contain a lot of vitamin C that is so important for your immunity system. It also contains vitamin B and free of fat and sodium. If you can process it right, you will get all of the benefits.
– Green Peas: This vegetable is not only high in calories but also high in nutrition. These green miracles are full of a nutritious substance such as fiber, folate, and protein. It is also rich in minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Overall, all the vegetables are good for your health, whether it’s high or low in calories. Now, it depends on your need, adds the vegetables to make your best vegetable salad menu based on your lifestyle. You will get the vegetable salad calories intake your body needs.