Spicy foods always succeed in attracting the curiosity of foodies. If you are a foodie, you are highly recommended to give them a shot. Once you dig in, you will find yourself crave for them relentlessly. If you fall in love with spicy foods, you need to try these popular spicy food recipes which are considered as the most delicious foods around the world.
Rendang is the most delicious food in the world according to CNN. It is a traditional food of Minangkabau people, one of the ethnics in Indonesia. The combination of various kinds of spices, chili peppers, coconut milk, and beef will make you have a crush on it. You do not have to go to Sumatra to enjoy Rendang. You can cook it by yourself. This spicy food is good for your day.
- 1 kilogram of beef shanks. Cut it into large cubes
- 1500 ml of coconut milk
- 2 turmeric leaves
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 stalks of lemongrass. Pound them.
- 15 kaffir lime leaves
- 200 grams of red hot chili peppers (you can add some more chili peppers if you are an avid spicy food)
- 10 bird chilies
- 1 tablespoon of coriander seed
- 5 centimeters of galangal
- 50 grams of candlenut
- 7 cloves garlic
- 1 nutmeg
- 100 grams of onion
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- Blend the red hot chili peppers, bird chilies, coriander seed, galangal, candlenut, garlic, nutmeg, onion, and curry powder together.
- Smear 2 tablespoons of the blended seasoning over the beef. Set aside for 1-2 hours.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan.
- Saute all the ingredients and the blended seasoning altogether (except the beef) for about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk. Stir it occasionally.
- When the coconut milk is boiling, add the beef. Keep stirring it until there is no more sauce left and the color of the beef is rather dark. It usually takes 3 to 4 hours to get your delicious Rendang done and ready to serve.
Firecracker Chicken Feet
Chicken feet are the least favorite parts of a chicken. Some people even throw them away because they think chicken feet are not tasty at all. You can try to cook Firecracker Chicken Feet. Once you taste it, you will regret throwing away those tasty chicken feet. Do you dare to try?
- 1/4 kilograms of chicken feet
- 6 bird chilies
- 8 red chili peppers
- 2 cloves onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 candlenuts
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seed
- 3 teaspoons of white pepper
- 1 liter of water
- Bring the chicken feet to the boil. Boil it for, at least, 30 minutes or until the chicken feet is tender enough.
- Blend the garlic, onion, coriander seed, candlenut, chilies, and pepper together.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan.
- Saute the blended seasoning.
- Add 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Add then saute spicy sauce into the boiling chicken feet.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Stir the sauce, sugar, and chicken feet well.
- Simmer the chicken feet gently until the sauce is reduced by half.
Jerk Chicken with Corn Bread
This spicy food recipe is quite simple and convenient. Jerk chicken with corn bread will heat up your dinner. The tingling sensation feels so good that you want to have some more.
- 1 and a half tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 bunches trimmed scallions
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 and a half of teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- A 4-pound chicken that is cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 lime. Take the juice.
- 1 and a half tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 seeded and minced jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- An 8.5-ounce box of corn muffin mix
- Heat the oven to the temperature of 400° F. Thinly slice the green part of scallions, then set them aside. Put the white part scallions in a roasting pan.
- Combine the garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, allspice, nutmeg, black pepper, salt, molasses, oil, and lime juice in a bowl. Spread the mixture of the spice over and under the chicken skin evenly. Place the chicken on the roasting pan, right on the top of the scallions. Roast it for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is well-cooked.
- While waiting for the chicken to be cooked through, prepare the corn muffin based on the directions that you can find on the package. Stir in the sliced scallions and jalapeno.
- Scrape the batter into a greased 8-inch-square pan. Put it in the oven and bake it for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve the jerk chicken with the corn bread and roasted scallions.
Those are some simple yet tasty spicy food recipes that can heat up your dinner. You can add some more chilies if you want to have an extremely burning sensation that can make you writhe with the heat. Do you dare to give them a try?