Small flower garden seems to be always a perfect space to spend the rest of the day after having worked. Also, you can enjoy our quality time on weekends. The simple, yet sheer beauty offered by colorful flowers will simply take our tiredness away and the fresh air produced will make us breathe in gently and think clearly.
What’s more is that it can bring relaxation, togetherness, and pleasure all together for the whole family members. It can serve as the most favorite spot around the house to gather for dinner or a particular event, to talk and laugh together about many things, and even to discuss problems informally and intimately while sipping tea or coffee.
Seeing that a small flower bed is pleasing to have, it’s interesting to know how to build it. It turns out that making it is not that difficult as we think. We can even do it ourselves! But, we need to consider certain things before we start dealing with it.
Then, what are the things? They are plant, color, and design that truly matter upon making a garden shine brighter than others.Besides those three, our imagination becomes essential to turn our garden into what we expect it to be. So we can say that to build a flower garden on limited space of our houses will challenge us to be creative.And here is our how-to guide to help you create a charming flower bed for adorning the houses.
- Decide What to Plant
What you want to have in the garden should satisfy you. Actually, there are many kinds of flowers to select from, but you are supposed to take the followings into consideration:
- Which one do you like? Growing one or many types of flowers? If you have decided, choose what flower(s) you would like to plant. Rose can be taken as an example of planting one type of flower, giving you an option to grow one or some of its varying species.
- What do you prefer to plant? Local flowers or wildflowers? Once you take one of the other, go to the right garden center that provides the plants of your choice.
- Are you interested in attracting bees and butterflies to make your garden more lively? If so, you can choose flowers which come to flourish during the summer season. Lantana Confetti, for instance, can be grown for the purpose.In addition, you need to consider which bees ought to descend upon them. If you hope for native bees like leafcutter and mason bees, you should plant native flowers as well. But if honeybees are your concern, the option should shift to introduced flowers.
- How is your garden sunlight reception? Is it under full or partial sun or even in shade? If situated in a shady area, it can be planted with Alyssum, Astilbe, or Begonia.
- Do you wish to have fascinating low-maintenance perennials?Sedum, Agastache, and Penstemon are available to look at.
- Want some unique scent? Chocolate Daisy will allow you to smell a chocolate-like aroma.
- Pick The Garden Color Theme
After deciding what plant(s) to grow in the garden, now it’s time to think of what it will look like.You can pick up one color and stay in the color family. Or you opt to get into a multicolored nuance, the garden otherwise.
- Love the tone of one color? If yes, you may put the garden into sections in which you may plant more than one sort of flowers that are still within the same color family.Let us assume that you take red roses. Then, you can arrange them according to their colors, from the lightest pink ones in the front or on the right to the darkest red in the back or on the left. By this way, your garden will appear pleased and arranged.
- Hope to get it colorful? Then, make it happen! Just do the sectioning as before and plant a certain type of flowers in a particular section.Once they bloom together, you will see how gorgeous the house garden is.
- Create The Unique Design
Flower is not the only attraction of a garden. But the design also influences the way people look at it. That’s why we have to include it in list when making a garden. And below is an example of how to make an excellent design for your flower garden that you can do yourself and like a professional.
- Cut the edges of the flower bed on the grass sides curvedly or linearly with a half-moon edger.
- Scoop the turf chunks out and overturn them upside down in the composting pile to turn the grass into mulch.
- Trim the grass on the edges both vertically and horizontally with handheld clippers to have an orderly look of cutting.
- Moistenthe pile to stick the cut chunks with the soil underneath.
- Keep the edges regularly and trim again when they become overgrown.
Now, get ideas to start your own small flower garden? Those points above will make easier for you to build your own beautiful flower garden. Don’t forget to keep us informed by commenting!