Self-made juices of fruits and vegetables which are done rather frequently can raise your daily intake of nutrients and undoubtedly keep the health of your body. So do with carrot juice. Carrot juice contains a lot of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, and calcium, but has low level of calorie. It means you can get the micronutrients, vitamins, and minerals your body need in an instant simply by drinking carrot juice, especially the fresh one you make by your own. Do you know how to prepare carrot juice? This article may help you with it as follows:
- Enjoy carrot juice benefits at its fullest by juicing them yourself.
As mentioned above, self-made carrot juice is way much better than canned carrot juice. Canned ones are already consisted of preservatives to make them last long standing for months on store shelves.
Additives and sugars are also added to canned carrot juice. All of them make the juices have a completely different taste than homemade ones.
All you need to have is a juicer or a blender and some carrots, and then you’ve set. And if you grow your own carrots somewhere in your house, it makes everything a whole lot better since the only expense will only be the seeds purchasing.
- Choose one of the methods that suit you the most.
There are three methods of juicing. Firstly, use a traditional electric juicer. It is the most popular method and the most efficient to separate any fiber or waste from the liquid, thus you can enjoy particle-free carrot juice. Moreover, you can make use of the waste by adding it to muffins or bread dough. It will add colors and flavors as well.
Secondly, use a blender. Blend the carrots with your favorite liquid, coconut milk is recommended. However, using a blender will make your carrot juice thicker than a juicer does since the fiber and the waste is not separated.
- Pick the freshest and ripe ones.
It’s important to use fresh carrots when juicing as older ones produce very little juice because of most of the moisture within the carrots has slowly evaporated. Fresh carrots always produce the most juice and better tasting juice per serving. It is also crucial to be sure that your carrots are completely ripe because the unripe areas of carrots will make the whole juice tastes bad.
- Make sure all the ingredients are perfectly clean from dirt.
It is better to leave the carrots skin intact because there are some micronutrients locked within the skin. Wash them thoroughly with removing the dirt and the soil that stuck to the skin.
You have to cut also any scarred or bruised areas. Scars or bruises on vegetables and fruits are generally attracting bacteria. It can ruin the whole taste, too, if you include the unwell areas.
After you follow the four points, the next step is to combine carrots with other ingredients. It will be super drink with so many health benefits in one glass. Confuse of what to add to the mixture? Here are some options.
- Apples consist of vitamin C, dietary fiber, and potassium with no fat, no cholesterol, and no sodium. Green apples are preferable. Juice about 2 large fresh green apples and add to carrot juice, you will make a drink that can detoxify your liver and boost your oral organ health.
- Gingers consist of dietary fiber, vitamin C, iron, and calcium with no cholesterol and sugar. Juice about ½ inch of fresh ginger and add to carrot juice. You will have a beverage that can improve the immune system, prevent heart disease, and decrease the risk of Type II Diabetes.
- Oranges consist of dietary fiber, potassium, protein, vitamin A, a lot of vitamin C, and calcium with no fat, no cholesterol, and no sodium. Juice 2 large fresh peeled oranges along with carrots to get a drink that can be a source of vitamin C, slower aging, and protect cells from damage.
- Cucumbers contain alkaline minerals, sodium, silicon, sulfur, a lot of vitamin C, and antioxidants. Juice 2 large fresh peeled cucumber along with carrots to get a drink that neutralizes acidity, manages blood pressure, and helps the growth of the hair.
- Pineapples contain manganese, copper, magnesium, potassium, a lot of vitamin C, vitamin B6, Thiamin, and dietary fiber with no sodium, no fat, and no cholesterol. Juice one large fresh peeled pineapple along with carrots to get a beverage that decreases the risk of bad vision due to age, strengthens bone, and keeps your gums healthy.
- Blackberries contain dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, iron, vitamin E, vitamin K, manganese, copper, magnesium, and folate with no fat, no sodium, and no cholesterol. To make a super healthy drink, juice 2 cups of fresh blackberries along with carrots. And you will get a drink that prevents epileptic seizure, osteoporosis, and Alzheimer’s disease.
And that is all of how to prepare carrot juice. As you know, carrot juice diet is one method to get a good shape. Hopefully, you can find this article helpful in a way that can make your life become healthier.