When it comes to providing healthy drinks for kids, we often ask: which drinks are healthy for kids to consume? This explanation might help you to find the answer.
Milk is considered as the best drink for kids to consume. It’s good to consume due to its nutritional values. It also provides daily needs of calcium. Calcium strengthens bones and helps kids to grow optimum. But not all milk is good for kids. There are some kinds of milk that can’t be consumed by kids who are lactose intolerant. For these kids, their options for milk would be lactose-free milk or calcium-fortified soy drinks.
Besides milk, fresh fruit and vegetable juices – not the can or chilled ones – are also considered healthy drinks for kids. Yet, you still need be sure that your child is not allergic to particular fruits or vegetables.
Fresh fruit and vegetable juices also fall under the category of kids’ health drinks. But ensure that your child is not allergic to a particular fruits or vegetables. These list of one of the most favourite healthy drinks energy for me.
Given the information above, the next question would be: how to make healthy drinks for kids?
You can use milk, fruits or vegetables to make healthy drinks for kids. You can also combine those ingredients to make healthy drinks that suit your kids’ tastes. These drinks are definitely much better than soda and soft drinks.
Here are some of the healthy drinks for kids to make at home
Sweet lime is very nutritious and full of Vitamin C. This sweet lime juice aids in digestion and also helps in case of constipation.
Sweet lime (or sometimes calledMosambi) is highly nutritious and rich in vitamin. This sweet lime also helps digesting system and prevent constipation
– 2 sweet limes (the ripe ones)
– Black salt
- Cut the sweet lime into halves.
- Squeeze sweet lime using a juicer. You could just squeeze sweet limes by hand if there’s no juicer. It only takes little effort toke squeeze ripe sweet limes.
- Pour the juice in the glass
- Add a cup of water
- Mix with a pinch of black salt and stir it until it mixed well
- Watermelon Juice
– 2-3 cups watermelon pieces
– Black Salt
- Place the watermelon in a blender
- Add some black salt
- Blend it
- Pour the juice in the glass
- Lime Drink or Shikanji
Lime drink or Shikanji is a popular Indian drink. It only contains lime juice and water. Yet, it’s so refreshing and quickly replenishes lost body fluids during the day. The taste is so delicious that makes this drink a favorite choice for kids and adults.
– 1 lime or lemon
– 1 glass of water
– 1 pinch salt
– 1 tablespoon honey
- Squeeze the lemon and mix with a glass of water
- Add salt and honey (adjust the amount to your taste)
- Mix all the ingredients until it mixed well.
- Banana Shake
Banana is a long time known as a fruit that quickly boosts the energy and mood. Making drinks from banana would help kids to boost their energy in the way they would love to have.
– 1 glass milk
– 1 ripe banana, cut into pieces
– ½ tsp sugar
- Place banana, milk, and sugar into a blender
- Blend them until it is smooth
- Banana Strawberry Orange Smoothie
When all the benefits from banana meet those from strawberry and orange, body got what it needs
– 1 cup milk
– 1 banana (the ripe one)
– 1 Orange
– 4 strawberry
- Cut banana, orange, and strawberries into small pieces.
- Place them into a blender
- Pour the milk into the blender
- Blend them all until they’re mixed well
- Papaya Milk Shake
Papaya is a cheap fruit, yet is rich in vitamin A. It also helps prevent kids from constipation.
– 3/4 cup milk
– 1 cup ripe papaya
– 1 tsp Sugar
– 1 cardamom powder
- Clean and cut papaya into pieces
- Place the papaya into a blender
- Add milk, sugar and cardamom powder
- Blend all the ingredients until it mixed well
- Add milk or water to adjust the consistency
- Mint and Lemon Drink
When mint and lemon meets, you can imagine how refreshing they would be. It would create some sensation once it flows in your throat. Your kids would love tasting it
– 1 Glass water
– 1 lemon
– 1 tsp mint
– Sugar and salt (optional)
- Squeeze lemon
- Mix the lemon juice with a little water and mint leaves
- Add sugar and salt (adjust to your taste)
- Blend them until it mixed well
- Mango Milkshake
Mangoes are not only great in taste, they’re also rich in vitamins. The taste makes kids love to have them.
– 1 cup milk
– 1/2 cup ripe mango
– Cut mango into pieces
– Place the mango into a blender and add some milk
– Blend them all until it mixed well.
You can modify the recipes with other fruits or vegetables. Just keep bearing in mind that fruit and vegetable juice that make healthy drinks for kids are the raw/fresh fruit and vegetable, not the packaged/can ones.