Fried Potato Salad – Human’s digestion system needs an adequate amount of vegetables to work well. Without consuming enough vegetables, human will have a metabolism problem. Fried potato salad with vegetables is one good option for one’s digest, for it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. It will keep you healthy and fit.
Vegetables for Salad
When making food, it is well advised to add more vegetables. The vitamins and other nutrients in vegetables will help to reduce the risk of disease. The same thing goes for making fried potato salad.
Tossing your salad with vegetables will not only make it more delicious but also healthier as well. The addition of vegetables can make your food presentation looks alluring.
There are lot of a different kind of lettuce. Iceberg lettuce, romaine, kale, spinach, and radicchio are just the few of it. Lettuce is high in fiber, minerals, and vitamin.
Broccoli contains phytochemicals, nutrients that only found in plants. In making salad, usually, broccoli is being boiled and cut into pieces.
Need to spicy up your salad? Onion is the best choice. You can choose from onion to shallot, or scallions to leeks. Onion helps to boost the health system.
Radish contains potassium, vitamin C, and zest. The varieties of radish that you can find are white and red. Try to shred the radish for a fun eating experience.
Having tomato in your salad plate is just perfect. Tomatoes and/or cherry tomatoes can be combined into salad dish. The red color gives salad a lovable presentation.
Cabbage is really important to prevent cancer. You can try new varieties of cabbage like bokchoy, red cabbage, or napa cabbage.
Herbs are great addition to salad. It smells nice and beneficial for health too. To name few, there are basil, chives, oregano, and parsley. Basil is the most popular one around the world.
As a source of beta-carotene, one cannot miss carrot for salad. Slicing carrot is a bit of hassle, so people sometimes just shred it.
It can be said that salad recipes use vegetables as the main ingredients, although for some other recipes the vegetables are just complement. Even so, no need to worry. Whether vegetables being main ingredients or not, the nutrients stay the same.
Fried Potato Salad Recipes
As one of famous crops in the world, potatoes has been used to make salad. Mashing method is commonly used for making potato salad, because it creates a creamy potato salad. Nevertheless, cooking potato using other methods are possible too. This time, let’s learn to make healthy fried potatoes salad. You can also use this recipes fir prepare fried potatoes for breakfast.
Roasted Potato Salad with Sour Cream and Shallot
- 1 kg Yukon gold potatoes, scrub the skin, cut into small chunks
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar (can be omitted)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 204ºC. In a large bowl, mix together two tablespoon oil, one teaspoon salt, pepper, and potatoes.
- In a baking tray, put the baking sheet, spread potatoes, and roast. For 25 to 30 minutes, stir the potatoes until browned and cooked. Remove from oven and let it cool.
- While potatoes are roasting, heat one tablespoon oil in a pan over medium heat. Add shallots and salt.
- Let cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir occasionally until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, stir together the sour cream, mustard, and vinegar. Add the cooked potatoes, shallots, and garlic. Toss them together.
- Add a little more salt and pepper. Before serving, add parsley and stir.
- Serve while warm or room temperature.
Summer Vegetable Potato Salad
- 1 pound small yellow potato or red potato
- 2 sweet corn, cooked
- 4 tomatoes, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot or red onion
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Ground black pepper
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- In a saucepan, place sliced potatoes. Pour salted water over them and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and cool potatoes.
- In a saucepan, put a bit of oil and saute the potatoes until tender.
- Cut the corn from cobs. Set aside.
- Arrange fried potatoes and tomatoes on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with corn and ¼ cup basil.
- For dressing, combine oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper into a jar. Shake well.
- Pour the dressing over potatoes.
- For the final touch, sprinkle potato salad with feta cheese and basil leaves. Serve.
Fried potato salad with vegetables is good for your health. From all vegetables which are suited for salad, you can pick your favorite one and toss it in into your salad plate. Both fried potatoes and vegetables will give you balanced energies.