Carrot Juice – Carrots are very popular to all range of ages throughout the world, from our great grandparents to our children. Whether eating it raw, on a soup, or a simple carrot juice, carrot is a healthy vegetable that consume by anyone. Almost all kids can tell what vitamin contained in carrots and what it does to their eyes.
Well, during 90s era, such information could be spread easily by parents to their children through cartoon character with its signature gimmick: carrot in one hand. In each appearance, the carrot he held was always orange.
Whereas in real life, carrots can appear in other color beside orange: yellow, red, purple, and even white. Unfortunately, the so-called other colors are rarely seen; they are not traded freely around the world.
This vegetable contains beta carotene. Being one of antioxidants called carotenoids where carrots get their color from, beta carotene holds the responsibility of supplying benefits from carrot and carrot juice. It is significant for developing body immune system, keeping the good shape of skin and eyes, and preventing damage in so many forms like heart disease and cancer caused by free radical.
These three are only a few examples from so many benefits we can gain from consuming carrot juice. There are many advantages of carrot juice for our body. It holds a big role in almost every part of one’s body, Sir! Carrot juice deals with unbalanced blood sugar and congestion problem, while at the same time it improves blood health and support brain function.
Carrot Juice Nutrition
One serving of carrot juice, approximately around 128 g, provides vitamins A, B6, C, E, K, and others, as well as numerous minerals, which are sodium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, manganese, and copper; everything served within one simple beverage. Not to mention it is enriched with calories, protein, low fat, low carbohydrate, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, dietary fiber, and low sugar.
Carrot Juice Benefits
As mentioned above, carrot juice offers so many benefits for nearly all parts of our body. The benefits are too amazing so that you want to put carrot juice in your regular diet. Check these out.
- Keeps eye healthy
Carrots contain beta carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin. These three important nutrients are considered to increase eye health. Without beta carotene, for example, some disorders like macular degeneration and even blindness could happen to the eyes. While both lutein and zaexanthin are helpful to decrease the risk of cataracts and vision loss that related to age.
Approximately 400% daily need of vitamin A is there within one cup of chopped carrots, you can then juice them. We all know the fact that vitamin A is crucial for our eyes. It keeps eyes healthy and prevents us from bad vision in our later years.
Lack consumption of vitamin A can lead to night blindness in the beginning, then total blindness. Regular consuming of carrot juice can guarantee you healthy eyes and good vision for the rest of your life, with, of course, the basic know-how implementation of healthy reading.
- Supplies antioxidants (primarily beta carotene)
Antioxidants found in carrots and other orange vegetables are called carotenoids. Carotenoids play role in reducing the risk, not only temporary illnesses, but also serious chronic diseases.
Squeeze the juice out of carrots and your immune system will get the benefit from it. Carrot juice helps in protecting the body from any damage caused by free radical, harmful bacteria, viruses, or inflammation.
Beside carotenoids, other antioxidants contained in carrot juice are vitamin C, lycopene, zeaxanthin, and lutein, which two of those are capable to fight cancer by stopping DNA damage, inflammation levels, and cell mutation.
- Reduces the possibility of stroke and heart disease
Consuming carrot juice gives such an amazing benefit related to heart, especially for women. It reduces the possibility of any cardiovascular diseases by lowering oxidative stress thus increasing the body’s defense against the diseases according to current research. It is because the high antioxidant contained in carrots is involved in the process.
Other magical works done by carrots are lowers bad cholesterol levels and improves bile production. When bile production is boosted, the body’s ability to digest fat is also increased. Not only helpful to digestive system in absorbing nutrition from consumed food, boosting bile production also gives direct impact to good cholesterol levels which leads to keeping heart protected.
- Fights cancer cells
One study, once, had women with breast cancer history to consume eight ounce of fresh carrot juice and orange juice everyday for three weeks long. The study result then showed that regular intake of fresh carrot juice and orange juice gave benefit to body defense in fighting cancer and apparently was an effective approximation to raising protective carotenoid levels in the blood. This decreased what support cancer to grow: oxidative stress and inflammation.
Having carrot juice regularly means you take high levels of carotenoids inside your body at the same time. These antioxidants are believed to be helpful in fighting leukemia cells thus protect one’s body from cancer recurrence, including not only breast cancer but also ovarian cancer.
- Maintains oral health
Carrots contain nutrients that are helpful in boosting immunity. By boosting immunity is also boosting the body’s ability in fighting toxins and bacteria which enter via mouth and live within the teeth and the gums.
That is why, for additional information, we are prohibited from swallowing the food that stuck between our teeth. The bacteria there are indeed not visible, but do not underestimate their activity. They work so fast in rotting the stuck food in only seconds.
However, don’t be too worry about that. Once you decide to consume carrots, in form of juice is recommended, after every meal, you’re guaranteed to have those problems away as particular minerals contained are able to be antibacterial.
They are helpful in preventing tooth decay and cavities. Further advantage of drinking carrot juice right after meals is that you’ll have your teeth removed from plaque and stains. The fiber in carrots, also, can act as a natural brush for the digestive system. It scrubs unwanted bacteria away in the gut.
- Increases skin health and heals wound faster
Not many people know about this fact: carrots and carrot juice are helpful in wound healing. It is because of their high content of beta carotene, which is crucial for healing any wound type. Not to mention they can fight infection and visible skin inflammation signs.
- Keeps brain healthy
Brain is not left behind in getting benefit from carrot juice. When it comes to talk about Alzheimer’s disease, carrot juice are very helpful to brain in terms of preventing the disease to occur. Carrot juice also is able to boosting memory and defending against other declines. It is because carrot juice has the ability to lessen oxidative stress in the brain.
Benefits of Juicing
Consuming carrots can be done in several ways; you can eat it raw, cooked, or juiced. Each way has its advantage compared to the others. For example, rather than cooked or juiced, fiber content of raw carrots may be higher since they are not through the process of cooking.
While antioxidant activity in cooked carrots may be higher than that in raw ones. Then, what are the benefits of juiced carrots? Beside the fact that juicing carrots saves a lot of time than cooking them, at least there are three other advantages follow. They are:
- Concentrated nutrition
Juicing fruits and vegetables, including carrots, are getting more popular these days. This good habit is done in order to get the most live enzymes and the concentrated nutrition all in only one glass. That makes carrots become one of the most favorite additional homemade juices.
- Fast and more efficient
Juicing carrots is a fast and more efficient way than cooking them to get overall health benefits, if you drink it in the daily basis of course. What it means by overall health is it can sum up to your diet many micronutrients that enhance life. Drinking carrot juice regularly also gives impact to immunity and energy levels. Involve it in your plan of losing weight because it can help the body to resolve the problem of basic nutrient deficient which happens to lead someone to overeat due to search for more micronutrients.
- Eases digestion
When you juicing fruits and vegetables, the fibers contented in them are broken down and your body needs less work to unleash minerals and vitamins. This situation directs the digestive system to absorb nutrients in way more easy. It is crucial these days as many people suffer from digestive disorders such as IBS which stands for irritable bowel syndrome. Like we all know, as people are getting more and more willing to live fast life, they tend to have poor diet for years, thus stresses the digestive system.
Carrot Juice Recipe
- Original Carrot Juice
We start from the easiest. All you need is the carrots themselves enough for one serving, around 3 large size carrots needed to make 8 oz.
- Wash and choose either to peel them or not. It is advisable to not peel the skin, because it contains important nutrients as a matter of fact. Make sure to wash them very clean until they are free from any dirt.
- Cut them into smaller pieces, fit enough with the blender or juicer.
- Blend or juice the carrots, then pour them into drinking glass. Remember, we want it to be as healthy as possible, so forget about adding your-everyday sugar. Brown sugar or healthy sweetener is the best alternative.
- If you use juicer, you may want to keep the strained pulp to reuse them in another dish, like muffins or bread. The strained pulp can be useful in giving color, adding nutrition, and adding the taste.
- Adding ice cube is not necessary. If you want to refreshingly enjoy the juice cold, you can add cold water. Measure how much it need, fit it to your taste, whether you want it thick or not.
- Carrot juice is ready to serve.
- Fresh Ginger Carrot Juice
Beside boosting your daily fruit and vegetable intake as well as providing so many health advantages, carrot with the assist of ginger is rich of nutrients, including minerals, antioxidants, and multivitamins. Things this beverage can do to your body are 1) boosts your immunity, 2) keep your digestive system healthy, 3) improves your skin health, 4) reduces cancer risk, 5) promotes cardiovascular health, and 6) controls diabetes.
- 4 pcs of carrots
- ½ inch of ginger root
- ½ lemon
- Cinnamon powder or salt, you pick one of them based on your preference.
- Leave the carrots unpeel, wash them in running water, and let them dry.
- Peel the ginger and wash it meticulously.
- Juice the carrots. For this recipe, uses juicer is advisable.
- Juice the ginger.
- Pour it into a drinking glass.
- Squeeze the lemon into the juice.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon powder or salt, whatever you like.
- Juice is ready to serve.
- It’s important to consume it right away after it is ready in order to enjoy its full advantage, because this healthy juice will gradually lose its nutritional value because of oxidation.
- You can add more ingredients if you like, such as 1 pc of green apple, 2 celery stalks, a mint leaf, sweet basil, or parsleys.
- Add a spoonful of raw honey if you have a sweet tooth.
- Miracle Drink
Miracle Drink is a mixture of apple, carrot, and beetroot juiced together. It is named so because Miracle Drink gives you countless benefits to one’s brain and body.
Firstly introduced for the lung cancer treatment by Chinese herbalists, it then obtains popularity around the world nowadays as it literally gives miracle in terms of health benefits.
When two vegetables and one fruit combined together, you can get more than enough nutrients to keep your body healthy for a long time. Drinking carrot juice during pregnancy is a good choice. Things Miracle Drink can do to your body are:
1) helps fighting cancer cells,
2) maintains and strengthens your organs inside if the body, like liver, kidney, pancreas, lungs, and heart,
3) keeps down your bad cholesterols levels and controls blood pressure,
4) keeps pimples away and prevents the skin from aging,
5) maintains the health of your digestive system,
6) supplements your brain and sharpens your memory,
7) eliminates redness, tiredness, and dryness of your eyes, and sharpens your vision,
8) boosts your immune system and cures sore throat,
9) helps detoxify your liver and purify your blood,
10) reliefs abdominal cramps and pain during menstruation, and
11) loses weight
- 2 pcs of carrots
- 2 pcs of green apples
- 2 pcs of beetroots
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
The preparing directions are pretty easy.
- Leave all of the ingredients unpeel and wash them thoroughtly.
- Juice them either with a blender or a juicer.
- Pour it into a drinking glass and it’s ready to serve.
- Actually, there’s no certain amount for each of the ingredient, you can add more carrots, apples, or beetroot; it is up to you. However, it is considered the best result if you have them equal in quantity.
- You can take it two times per day, one glass in the morning an hour before you take your regular breakfast, and one other glass before 5 PM in the afternoon.
- Ginger Turmeric Carrot Juice
Ginger Turmeric Carrot Juice contains high amount of antioxidants. The amount is greater than that of vitamin E. Things this healthy drink can do to your body are 1) keep your cells healthy, 2) protects from the damage caused by cancer, 3) boosts your immune system, 4) prevents Alzheimer’s disease, 5) works as anti-inflammatory, 6) controls blood cholesterol levels, 7) reduces stroke risk, 8) protects you from coronary artery disease, 9) keeps your vision healthy, 10) help you to have clear skin, and 11) keeps your digestion healthy.
- 3 pcs of carrots
- 1 pc of red apple
- ½ ginger root
- ½ turmeric root
- ¼ lemon
- Peel the red apple, ginger root, turmeric root, and lemon. Leave the carrots unpeel.
- Wash them thoroughly and let them dry.
- Juice them with a juicer. If you don’t have one, however, you can make use of a blender with the help of one cup of coconut milk or other liquid you desire.
- Pour it into a drinking glass and it’s ready to serve.
How is it? You are mesmerized by what carrot juice has to offer, right? Then, don’t wait too long to execute one of the recipe and have them regularly.