Best Healthy Salads – Salads are high in vitamins which are usually found in leafy greens. Unfortunately, some salads are prone to make you feel blah due to the bland taste. Well, being healthy and skinny doesn’t have to be so miserable. Salads may turn out well of you toss them properly. Here are some best healthy salads recipes that will make you have a crush on them.
Egg-cellent Asparagus Salad
A perfect combination of hard-boiled egg and asparagus can help you shed some pounds. Hard-boiled eggs are high in protein which improve metabolism. Asparagus contains soluble fiber that can hold your hunger pang at bay. It also contains vitamin E and antioxidants that improve your immune system. All those health benefits are packed in yummy salad.
- 8 asparagus spears
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 cups mixed greens
- Cut the asparagus into 2-inch pieces
- Add the olive oil into a frying pan, then saute the asparagus with minced garlic.
- Top the mixed greens with cooked asparagus and chopped hard-boiled egg. Drizzle with vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
Corn, Crab, and Tomato Salad
This delicious seafood salad does you good. Crabs are high in protein and copper that keeps your blood vessels, bones, and immune systems being healthy. Corn is considered as one of the best diabetes controllers. Combining with the sweet and sour juicy tomato, this salad will taste uniquely yummy.
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 2 large sliced tomatoes
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- In a large bowl, combine lemon rind, olive oil, 4 tablespoons of the lemon juice, mustard, and honey. Whisk them well.
- Add in onion, basil, dill, and crabmeat. Mix them evenly until coated.
- Add cherry tomatoes and gently mix.
- Prepare 4 plates. On each plate, arrange 2 tomato slices and top with ¼ corn and crab mixture.
- Drizzle the remaining lemon juice over the salads.
Are you a vegetarian that avoids eating meat? This appetizing salad will be one of the best choices. The vivid color looks tasty. And the most appealing thing is the aroma of this salad is so sweet and appetizing. It uses plain low-fat yogurt as the dressing. It is high in protein, yet low in calories. This tasty salad will help you get in shape.
- 200 g of finely chopped cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 150 g plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 4 onions, finely chopped
- A bit salt and pepper to taste
- 30 g radishes, sliced
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a large bowl, mix the carrot, cabbage, and onions.
- Mix the yogurt with a bit salt and pepper according to your liking.
- Drizzle this onto the cabbage mixture. Then, toss them well.
- Before serving, top it with the peanuts, radishes, and the parsley. Finally, Crunchy Cracks is ready to serve.
Sesame Ginger Salmon Salad
Salmon is such a delicious fish. The flesh is smooth, sweet, and also versatile. You can use it as the ingredient of many tasty foods including salad. The ginger found in this salad will give a pleasant and appetizing scent.
- 4 salmon pieces
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1inch piece ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoon green onions
- 1/4 cc vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 wonton wrappers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- kosher salt
- A bit black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces mixed greens, rinsed and drain
- Preheat the oven to 475°.
- Add ginger, sesame seeds, soy sauce, garlic, green onions, vinegar, vegetable oil, honey and sesame oil . In the bowl of a mini food processor. Blend them well until smooth; set aside by keeping it in refrigerator.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss wonton strips with a drizzle of sesame oil. Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper according to your liking. Spread wonton strips in an even layer across the baking sheet and bake them for about 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Season salmon with a bit salt and pepper. Heat cast-iron skillet over high. Add olive oil to pan. Once the pan is almost smoking, place salmon in pan skin-side up carefully. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Toss carrots and mixed greens with sesame ginger dressing. Place the salmon on mixed greens. Add green onions to kick it up a notch. Finally, drizzle with remaining dressing.
Those are some best healthy salads that you can try at home. You can also put that healthy salads for diet menu. It works really well. Trus me. They are as easy as pie and healthy. Say good bye to the bland salads.